Aside from dealing with specific laws for couples in Indiana, the work of lawyers in the area of divorce is delicate and time consuming. So, let’s get down to some of the basic but labor intensive work that lawyers do to protect the interests of those who are getting divorced. Here are some fast facts.
- Divorce lawyers do not simply print out generic forms for you to sign when completing a divorce. Each document used in the divorce process is prepared after careful evaluation of all considerations.
- Since divorce lawyers do not provide standardized forms, you need not worry about disclaimers, such as found on online legal document forms.
- Divorce lawyers are at your service to uncover loopholes that you may not be aware of when you are presented with your spouse’s proposal.
- Divorce lawyers can assure that the documentation that they prepare is accurate and correct.
- Divorce lawyers provide unbiased opinions about concerns that are presented to the lawyer by opposing spouses.
- Divorce lawyers manage all aspects of the divorce including: options, decisions, preparation of documents and submission to court.
- Without a divorce lawyer, separated spouses who plan on divorce leave themselves open to exposure for losses that they may not expect or be prepared for.
- Divorce lawyers can act as a liaison to smooth out frustrations and disagreements.
- Planning is important when it comes to divorce. So, it’s wise to seek out a divorce lawyer early on to learn about the ways you can best plan for your future.
- It important to involve a divorce attorney in the planning process in order to avoid costly errors.
If you or a loved one is in need of a lawyer, contact Burton Padove for a free consultation at 219-836-2200.